How iTero Works
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital 3D image of your prepared teeth. You can watch as the iTero 3D image appears on the screen in real-time. The digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the next day. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be rescanned so by removing the “clay modeling step” we have greatly improved the accuracy.
iTero is one of those devices that obsolete the previous technology over-night. If you’re currently talking to an Orthodontist, find out when they are switching over to iTero intra-oral scanning. If you don’t want to wait, give Invisalign Austin a call. The Consultation is no cost to you and because we’ve eliminated all the costs of creating a plaster mold of your mouth, we’re passing the savings on to you!
Benefits of iTero Scanning
Most orthodontic patients agree that the"goop" used to create impressions is very unpleasant. Here are a few more benefits of skipping the impressions step:
- Powder free scanning for patient comfort
- Superior accuracy with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection
- The Invisalign Outcome Simulator helps patients visualize how their teeth may look at the end of Invisalign treatment
- Fewer, shorter patient appointments
- Increased patient comfort by eliminating traditional impressions
- Single use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness
Are you ready to begin?
The best way to learn how the iTero scanner makes straightening your teeth more comfortable is to visit our office for a personal free consultation. We can evaluate your specific needs and determine the best treatment plan for you.